The Seattle Voice Institute produces professional demo reels. We will make sure that you, and your agent, are happy with the results. The current trend for demo reels is approx. :60 for each voice-over niche. Niches include: commercial, animation, video game, promo, eLearning, audiobooks, medical narration and more.
Video Game and Character
Max Perkins (age 11)
- Step One: SVI staff will meet with you to assess what kind of copy and which VO genres best fit your voice. We will help you find and edit new copy. This is something that both the staff and student both do – to create reels that reflect the talent’s personality. If you’re also a writer, do consider writing some of your own copy!
- Step Two: Help you with vocal and/or speech issues you’re curious or concerned about. Not only can we address diction issues, but as a certified Teacher of Fitzmaurice Voicework™ one of Gin’s goals is to make sure people are using their voices in a healthy and supported way, especially when faced with long-format material. If you’re interested in character voices, we also teach a really fun system for creating a wide variety of voices in a short about of time. Gin is also a dialect coach, and can provide feedback on whether or not adding accents/dialects to your reel is appropriate at this time.
- Step Three: Rehearse your reel with you. We record these rehearsals, listen back to them, tweak anything that needs tweaking, and then do it again…and again…and again. Limit 10 hours of classes. This includes reviewing your rehearsal mp3’s online and giving feedback via mp3.
- Step Four: Direct you during the recording session.
- Step Five: Edit the reel after music and sound effects are added, until we are satisfied with the final product.
- Cost: $500, plus $125 for sound effects for each reel.